I hope you all are having a splendid NYE! Recently, I have been reflecting a lot on 2014. Although 2014 was tough, it was certainly formative. Not only did I start this blog (end of August), but I also put some of my smaller goals into action – CollegeFashionista, Ryerson Photography course, freelancing, and getting back into lifting – to name a few. For this blog in particular, I have a ton of exciting ideas for expansion. Because these ideas will be slowly revealed in 2015, I figured I’d share 10 of my general goals, which will hopefully inspire YOU to think of your own:
1. To post twice a week consistently! Tuesdays (#trainersontuesdays) & Fridays (#photoshootfridays). I’m ready to be more accountable. As difficult as that is.
2. To engage more with social media! It’s fun, it’s useful and a great way to express oneself. I’ve become addicted to the instagrams of @maral_asmani , @lovelaurenelizabeth and @horsegirlproblems… and @dillonfrancis is the only reason I tolerate twitter (@stephieirwin). No lie.
3. To actually go to yoga twice a week / Lift heavier. I often become overly hyper, losing focus on what is important (like most people). As well, I’ve been fearing the weight room lately. I need to get over it, pronto.
4. Subscribe to Wonderland Magazine (their spreads are unreal) and Womenswear Daily (WWD)… so I can stop blowing all my $ on newsstand copies. Of all the fashion publications in the world, these two are the main ones worth reading. The articles are actually interesting/educational — rather than celebrity chocked ploys to make you buy stuff. British Vogue is a close #3.
5. Take a practical fashion related course. Because I only study English, I need to increase my practical fashion experience! (I’m signed up for two: and can’t wait to share these experiences with you all!).
6. To travel more — especially places I have never been. Japan is definitely in the cards. If I go, there will be loads of pictures on here and Instagram (I’m @stephieirwin btw)! If I intern somewhere foreign, I’d accomplish two goals in one!
7. Meet new people. St Andrews is a social bubble in the most extreme sense, so I hope to make some new friends outside of my university. To do this, I will connect with more bloggers and brands outside of St Andrews!
8. Intern! Whether its with a wardrobe stylist or a magazine, I hope to gain more experience and knowledge of fashion (so I can ideally kick butt and take over the world). I’m currently applying everywhere, but fashion is extremely competitive. Wish me luck.
9. Work on my computer skills! Although producing this blog shows how far I’ve come, this year I hope to master photoshop, InDesign, I Movie and Excel. Not only will these skills help me land jobs, but they will also help me produce better content for you all <3.
10. Volunteer! I hope to get more involved with causes I care about, such as community volunteering and clothing drives.
When making these goals, I try to keep them positive & connected with a specific plan. I’m hoping that posting them here will keep me accountable and focused.
P.S: A new post will be coming tomorrow! Stay tuned.
Note: If you don’t have a WordPress, you can still follow this blog via email — scroll to the bottom of the page to sign up! (no spam –promise).
Comment below on what your 2015 goals are, and how you stick to them. I need all the advice I can get.