Photos by: Nathalie Demirdjian
Hey guys! Happy Holidays :).
This look is also a great uniform for looking casual yet put together (family dinners — anyone?). Although I want my extended family to think I have myself/life together, I never want to compromise comfort.
To face this challenge — looking put together in front of grandma, all the while maintaining my casual style — I usually opt for this uniform:
1. Lipstick (Bite): Even if you’re wearing no other makeup, burgundy lipstick takes little time to apply, yet makes you look like a grown-up that drinks wine and cooks on occassion.
2. A Fuzzy jumper (A.P.C): Although white isn’t the best for a dinner (unless your family drinks tequila), this textured jumper adds interest while still being conservative and cozy. If you’re going for a high street jumper, keep the colour palate classic and non-metallic.
3. Cool Jewellery (UO & Turkish): With a simple fuzzy jumper, layer necklaces of differing lengths. To keep it simple, stick to either all silver or all gold with rose gold (like I did). Jewellery is also great for starting conversations!
4. Jeans (Genetic): If the dinner is casual, opt for dark wash stretch jeans. If its a more dressy occasion, either opt for burgundy or hunter green trousers.
5. Trench Coat (Burberry): They scream “lady”, and can be made warmer with interchangeable linings!
The trainers! Since most of my family is perturbed by my trainer obsession, I usually stick to trainers with a fancy texture. These suede AllSaints babies have never failed me [and have been featured in 4 different blog posts!]. Pony hair slip-ons such as these would also suit this look.